Health is a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity.
We believe every young parent at SPCC Young Parents requires holistic nurturing. During their time with us, young parents will be encouraged to try new skills and experiences with the knowledge this will build strength, resilience and total wellbeing for each young parent to transfer into their daily lives.
These activities and workshops are often embedded into the educational curriculum that meet core outcomes associated with their learning.
Wellbeing Activities include:
- Nutrition and cooking workshops
- Cultural Appreciation
- Dental care workshop
- Art Therapy
- Health Relationship workshops
- Sleep workshops for babies and children
- Youth Health workshop
- Service & Outreach projects
- Triple P - Parenting
- Circle of Security - Parenting
- Rent It Keep It - Equipping young people to navigate the rental market
- PeaceWise - Conflict resolution
- Rock and Water - Self-awareness and confidence
- Financial Literacy courses