The St Philip's Teaching School provides a Christ-focused, innovative and practical teacher training program where Trainee Teachers are placed in a classroom from the first day of their degrees. With the care and supervision of a dedicated Mentor Teacher, trainees experience first-hand the rhythm of a school year within a supportive Christian school community. The apprenticeship model provides school-based teacher training in partnership with Alphacrucis University College to shape the trainee for the role of a Christian school teacher. The St Philip's Teaching schools offer scholarships to several successful applicants each year.
Successful applicants will receive:
- Part time employment at an exemplar Christian school
- Subsidised course fees
- A laptop to assist with tertiary studies and school-based activities
- Excellent employment opportunities
The St Philip's Teaching School and affiliated schools are invested in developing quality classroom-ready teachers who are passionate about teaching. We are committed to ensuring that suitable candidates are offered teaching positions within the Teaching School network of schools. We encourage trainees to prayerfully consider where they feel called to teach. After their training, the Teaching School will continue to offer Graduate Teacher support within supportive school communities.
It takes a village to raise a teacher
- A unique pathway is planned for the trainee with employment in schools demo Day One of their degree
- Trainees experience 350 days of school-based experience in several schools throughout their degree, providing a breadth of experience
- School communities offer the support and challenge necessary to encourage personal growth, confidence and development of the craft of teaching
A mutually beneficial experience
- The Mentor Teacher plays a vital role in the formation of the Trainee Teacher, modelling exemplar teaching, encouraging deep reflection on practice and shaping the Trainee Teacher's understanding of authentic Christian education
- The relationship between mentor and trainee is significant, benefitting both as they journey together, honing the craft of teaching and improving student outcomes and experience
- Immediate on-the-job application of the learnt theory is provided in supportive Christ-centred learning communities under the guidance of dedicated mentors
The Teaching School Hub
A supportive and challenging learning community
- Supportive staff offering individual care and personalised pathways for trainees
- A holistic approach to teacher formation, providing wellbeing support, professional and spiritual mentoring
- Weekly bespoke training sessions to equip trainees with the skills and knowledge to be classroom-ready
- A comprehensive online learning management platform to guide trainee development and mentor support
Christ-centred teacher training
Through its partnership with tertiary provider, Alphacrucis College University, the Teaching School offers a range of accredited courses, including the Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood, Primary and Secondary) and Master of Teaching (Primary or Secondary) based on a biblical worldview.
The Bachelor of Education Early Childhood, Primary or Secondary equips graduates with a fully accredited professional teaching qualification accredited by TEQSA and NESA.
Bachelor of Education Early Childhood and Primary https://www.ac.edu.au/study/ed...
Bachelor of Education Primary https://www.ac.edu.au/study/ed...
Bachelor of Education Secondary https://www.ac.edu.au/study/ed...
Master of Teaching Primary https://www.ac.edu.au/study/ed...
Master of Teaching Secondary https://www.ac.edu.au/study/ed...
We are proud to partner with Alphacrucis University College