- Senior School News - Week 6, Term 1 2020
For the Whole of Their Life.
Senior School News - Week 6, Term 1 2020
I love living on a peninsula. I love the isolation of the Bay, the small population, the unspoiled beaches and the lack of traffic. However, sometimes the downside of living on a peninsula is that we become insular in our thinking. This is why at SPCC Port Stephens we look to support opportunities for students to gain valuable learning opportunities outside of the Bay, even though it may involve early starts and interrupted learning.
In the first six weeks of Term 1 we have been almost everywhere.
- Years 11 & 12 Modern & Extension History travelled to the Sydney Jewish Museum. Students engaged in seminars by leading scholars in source analysis, toured the museum and had the privilege of hearing the story of a Holocaust survivor.
- Year 12 Legal Studies visited the Downing Centre to see the law come to life as they witnessed active legal cases.
- Stage 5 Child Studies toured the Sydney Children’s Hospital at Westmead examining how the hospital tries to make life for sick children better through activities such as the Starlight room.
- Stage 5 and 6 Drama participated in a LeCoq workshop at Northern Beaches Christian School and attended the On Stage performances showcasing the very best HSC Drama major works.
- On Friday Year 11 & 12 Design & Technology students will attend the SHAPE exhibition showcasing the very best Design and Technology major works at the Powerhouse Museum.
And don’t forget camps. This week has seen Year 9 away at their school camp, spending time learning teamwork and building their character. In Week 9 our CAPA students will attend the inaugural CAPA camp in Sydney where they will experience a combination of drama, music and art performances.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank all our teachers who spend lots of time organising these enriching opportunities and Trish McColl, the Senior School Administration Officer, for managing all the permission notes. A big thank you also to all of you for paying the resource levy that assists in funding these enriching learning opportunities.
Mrs Tiina Hufton
Head of Senior School
Get the latest news by simply entering your email address