- Middle School News - Week 8, Term 1 2020
For the Whole of Their Life.
Middle School News - Week 8, Term 1 2020
I can’t quite believe the changes that have taken place over the past couple of weeks in our school/country/global community! In the midst of all of this, I would like to honestly and earnestly thank every parent and carer for the trust and support that you have given to the College in this unchartered territory. As I write this, we are presently monitoring COVID-19 information carefully and meeting regularly to ensure that we follow the best practice for your children’s safety (and consequently our community’s safety) and for their ongoing learning. It presents a great challenge, but one that the staff are more than willing to accept. Currently we are still running classes as normal but providing whatever teaching and resources that we can to those who need to be at home. We’ll continue to monitor the situation and make adjustments as necessary. I have been brought to the following Bible verses that give clear instructions, thoughts and renewed hope during times such as these. They may be useful to you in discussing concerns/questions with your children, such as those outlined below:
Why this is happening?
- John 16:33 “…Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world.”
- John 3:17 “God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him.”
- God is a God of faithfulness and still in control
- God’s aim is for redemption and renewal of all things
Why do we pray?
- 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 “Always be joyful. Never stop praying. Be thankful in all circumstances...”
- Matthew 6:9-13 Jesus instructed us on how to pray: “Our father in Heaven…”
How do I find peace?
- Philippians 4:6-7 “…Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand….”
- John 14:27 “Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.”
- Joshua 1:9 “This is my command—be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”
I must say that I’m so pleased that we held our camps in Week Six and that the students were able to enjoy that time together with peers and staff, even though the rain was less than ideal at times. Both Year 7 and 8 battled trying conditions, but ultimately had a great time and experienced so much in their time away. While it is always a risk choosing to camp in tents rather than cabins, the effort and resilience that was on display was extraordinary. Then to hike, canoe, raft, paddleboard, climb high ropes etc without complaint is incredible. I’m so proud of all of the students! Check out the photos below and on Facebook.
Lastly, well done to everyone who helped to raise money for Bushfire awareness! Over $2000 raised is a wonderful effort.
Stay safe and look after each other,
Head of Middle School
Get the latest news by simply entering your email address