St Philip's Christian College highly values leadership and actively seeks to instil the attributes of an effective leader into each of the students. Students are also presented with numerous opportunities to seek out further leadership opportunities throughout their Senior School journey.
Leadership opportunities include;
- 9-12 Student Representative Council
- Student run groups and clubs (Social, Justice, Environmental Action etc)
- School Captains and Year 12 Prefect Team
- House Captains and sporting teams
- National Leadership Camp sponsorships
THE MAIN ROLE OF CAPTAINS
- To be a leader of Christian faith, Culture and Community in the College.
- To demonstrate servant leadership (as modelled by Christ)
- To represent the student body at certain functions;
- To always set a fine example of Christian living to fellow students;
- To actively promote school pride and participation in school activities within the student body;
- To chair meetings and assemblies as required.
THE ROLE OF PREFECTS
Prefects are appointed by the Principal, based on student nominations and advice from staff. Their appointment is a gesture of trust in them, that they will continue to show the character and ideals that led to their nomination.
The role of a Prefect involves:
- Meeting together once a week with an elected staff member to work on school issues and be trained in leadership
- Assist with duties at special functions and public occasions
- Assisting in the organisation and leading of assemblies
- Being a point of contact for students
- Liaise between students and staff
- Pastoral support for fellow students by listening and caring for them and making sure bystanders are encouraged to act
- Strategising with staff to correct unsatisfactory behaviour such as bullying
- Assisting new students and visitors to the College
- Providing assistance to staff where necessary, with issues such as the canteen
- various areas identified by the Principal, Heads of School or the Senior School Leadership Team
- Being present at Swimming, Athletics, Cross Country Carnivals and other significant events to support, serve or/and encourage student participation. This also applies to HRIS events and carnivals, as requested by the Head of Senior School.
- Attending student leadership workshops and courses provided by the College
- Supporting their fellow prefects and, in particular, appointed Captains and Vice-Captains.
Senior School Captains and Vice Captains 2022
Senior School Prefects 2022
Senior School House Captains 2022