"Music at St Philip's – adding joy and excellence to the whole of life"
Music surrounds us! We believe that every person has a God- given ability to make and enjoy music. Our calling and commitment is to nourish this ability, enabling adults, children and young people to express themselves musically.
Music is to be expressed to the Glory of God and to bring beauty and joy to the world. We are committed to a culture of worship and joy.
Music is diverse! We desire to see all kinds of music celebrated, expressed and appreciated.
Music is a discipline. We believe that the study of music leads to self-motivation and self-discipline, as young people are encouraged to seek excellence and quality, and build their creative gifts through practice and depth of study.
St Philips Christian College's Music program provides students with professional education for instruments such as:
- Woodwinds: Flute, Clarinet, and Saxophone
- Brass: Trumpet, Trombone, French Horn, Euphonium, Tuba
- Strings: Violin, Viola, and Cello
- Percussion (Includes Mallet Percussion and Drums)
- Guitars: Electric, Acoustic and Bass
- Voice: Classical and Contemporary
- Piano: Classical and Contemporary
All Instrumental Music teachers are professionally qualified, highly experienced and able to provide weekly private tuition on an instrument of a student's choice. The College also strongly encourages all instrumental students to participate in one of the major bands or ensembles, including:
- JS Choral Group (Yr 2 - 4)
- JS Percussion Ensemble
- Junior String Ensemble
- MS Drumline
- 5/6 Concert Band
- MS Choir
- MS Percussion Ensemble
- Wind Orchestra (Yr 7 - 12)
- Stage Band (Yr 7 - 12)
- Symphony Orchestra (Yr 7 -12)
- Senior String Ensemble
- Senior Vocal Ensemble (Yr 9 - 12)
- Saints Drum Line (Yr 7 - 12)
For more information regarding instrumental lessons, please contact the Music Department on firstname.lastname@example.org