For the Whole of Their Life.
The Barracks Café: Food Preparation and Customer Service
- Opportunity to work in hospitality and enjoy your evenings, weekends and school holidays!
- Competitive salary
- Supportive and friendly team
- Values driven organisation making a difference in the lives of young people
St Philip’s Christian College is seeking dynamic, committed Christians for Casual and Part Time positions in Food Preparation and Customer Service in the Barracks Café and Kiosk/Canteen. Positions are available in both front of house and back of house.
Working as part of a team, you will prepare and serve wholesome meals and snacks to both staff and students.
- Providing friendly and efficient counter service
- Simple food preparation including sandwiches, toasties and salads
- Preparing beverages, including milkshakes, juices, etc
- Preparing and packing student lunch orders
- Maintaining a clean and tidy workspace
- Use of a Point-of-Sale machine
The successful applicant will be strongly aligned to the values of the College and demonstrate these essential attributes:
- An active relationship with Christ expressed through church involvement
- A passion for working with food
- Excellent customer service skills
- Capacity to work 2 – 5 days per week during school terms
- Various shift start times ranging from 7am – 10am and finish times ranging from 2:30 – 4pm
- Ability to follow instructions and work well within a team
- Ability to work effectively and at a pace that meets the demands of a busy kitchen
- Punctual, flexible and reliable
- A ‘can-do’ attitude
- Food safety certificate desirable, not essential
- A Working with Children Check, or willingness to obtain
Applications will be assessed as they are received
Please complete the Non-Teacher Application Form below and email it along with a cover letter addressing the essential attributes and noting preference for front of house and/or back of house positions to:
Director of Hospitality and Events – Mrs Tina Price
Non Teacher Application Form For Employment Newcastle