· Based in Newcastle
· Full Time (Temporary for the remainder of 2022)
· Secondary (Year 7 – 12)
St Philip’s Christian College, Newcastle, is looking for a dynamic, innovative and experienced Christian teacher to join our PDHPE Team.
About the role
Teachers at St Philip’s Christian College deliver quality Christian education through evidence-based teaching practices, and the development of innovative and relevant curriculum that empowers students to live joyfully and productively in both the present and the future.
Key responsibilities include:
· Knowing the students well and teaching according to their needs.
· Planning, preparing and delivering effective teaching and learning programs which demonstrate:
- alignment with a Christian worldview
- alignment with the College philosophy of Student Centred Learning
- strong content knowledge
- current educational research and practice
- high capacity for student engagement,
- consistency with the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers, relevant syllabus documents, and policy and procedural documents
· Assessing students in a variety of ways, giving effective feedback that leads to improvement,
· Reporting on student progress and performance to students, parents, the College and other stakeholders as required
· Maintaining student records and samples of work
· Developing and utilising a wide variety of practices that ensure learning is prioritised in their classes and that all students are safe and secure and therefore able to learn effectively.
The successful applicant will be strongly aligned to the values of the College and have:
- A mature and overt Christian faith that enables discussion and prayer about matters of faith as these relate to the profession
- A clear and well-articulated understanding of what it means to be a Christian teacher and the role of Christian Schooling
- Experience teaching PDHPE
- Demonstrated ability to use a range of teaching strategies that meet students where they are individually and collectively
- Ability to foster a safe, supportive, and engaging learning environment
- Proven ability to partner effectively with parents in the education and care of their children
- A commitment to ongoing professional development
To submit your application, please complete the Teacher Application Form below and forward it, along with a brief covering letter, to: The Principal – Mrs Pam O’Dea Newcastle.firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will close 9am Friday 27th May 2022.
For an initial discussion or enquiries about the role please contact Deb Adams on 4960 6600 or email Debbie.Adams@spcc.nsw.edu.au.