· Permanent position – commencing in 2024
St Philip’s Christian College, Newcastle is currently seeking an experienced Christian Chaplain to join our team from 2024.
We believe that educating the whole child is essential, so that both academic excellence and spiritual values are fostered in a climate of Christ-centred worship, loving relationships and practical concern for others.
To be successful in the role, as part of the College’s Ministry Team, you will have:
- previous experience in a school setting as a spiritual mentor to staff and students from 5 – 18 years of age
- demonstrated ability to mentor and support male students, with an understanding of the key challenges they face
- a chaplaincy qualification or relevant vocational or tertiary qualification, or be working towards the same
- previous experience assisting in the coordination of Chapel services that enable students to grow in their relationship with Christ and with one another
- experience leading Bible study groups and equipping students to lead services and discipleship groups
- previous experience writing and presenting devotions for students and staff, and be an effective communicator
- have experience working with families of students who are at-risk, with the aim of supporting them emotionally and spiritually, knowing when to refer them to a qualified, external support person.
To submit your application, please complete the Non-Teacher Application Form below and forward it, along with a brief covering letter addressing the selection criteria, to:
The Principal – Mrs Pam O’Dea Newcastle.email@example.com
Applications will close 9am Monday 4th December 2023. Applications will be assessed as they are received.