- Our Story
- Head of Junior School
For the Whole of Their Life.
Head of Junior School
- Executive leadership position
- Junior School (K–4)
- Commencing 2024 or during Semester 2 2023
St Philip’s Christian College, Newcastle is looking for a highly-motivated, passionate and dynamic Christian leader to join our Executive Leadership Team.
About the role
The Head of Junior School(K-4), as part of the College Executive Leadership Team, plays a vital role in leading our Christian educational community to be a place where children and young people thrive. The Head of Junior School is responsible for providing strategic and operational leadership of the Junior School, in accordance with the College Vision and Values, in the pursuit of the highest quality learning outcomes for all students. The Head of Junior School provides significant spiritual leadership in the College, continually working to develop the College as a community of Christian faith.
Key responsibilities include:
- Work collaboratively with the Executive Leadership Team to build a positive culture and pursue educational and operational excellence.
- Develop, articulate and lead the outworking of an educational vision within the Junior School that supports the broader vision and strategy of the College, and ensures goals and intentions are realised.
- Lead the Junior School team to create an environment that is both supportive and challenging, and promotes enthusiastic, independent learners, committed to lifelong learning where no student is left behind.
- Intentionally create a high-performing and culturally aligned team within the Junior School, that ensures authentic spiritual development, robust academic performance, positive social-emotional development and holistic wellbeing of every student.
- Guide the development of positive partnerships with parents and carers through the establishment of meaningful communication, proactive support and timely resolution of concerns.
The successful applicant will be strongly aligned to the values of the College and have:
- A mature, active and articulated Christian faith authentically expressed in all aspects of life and leadership
- The ability and capacity to successfully identify and outwork strategic goals while managing competing priorities and stakeholders.
- Proven ability to foster a healthy culture, including the capacity to build trust with students, parents and staff during periods of challenge and change.
- Demonstrated outstanding pedagogical leadership and the ability to lead, design, manage and evaluate the quality of teaching and learning within delegated area of responsibility.
- A commitment to lifelong learning, spiritually, professionally and personally
Please refer to the Head of Junior School Prospectus download below for a more comprehensive description of the role and application process.
Applications should be forwarded by email to: The Principal – Mrs Pam O’Dea Newcastle.email@example.com
Applications Close 9am Friday 31st March 2023
For a confidential discussion regarding the application process, please contact Deb Adams on 49606600 or email Debbie.Adams@spcc.nsw.edu.au.
Head of Junior School Position Prospectus
Ho JS Position Prospectus 2023
Teacher Application Form
Teacher Application Form For Employment Newcastle
Staff Code of Conduct Newcastle November 2021