For the Whole of Their Life.
GATE Teacher (Primary English and Mathematics)
· Based in Newcastle
· Full Time
· Permanent position – commencing immediately or in 2023
· Primary (Kindergarten – Year 6)
St Philip’s Christian College, Newcastle, is looking for a dynamic, innovative and experienced Christian GATE teacher to join our team.
About the role
Teachers at St Philip’s Christian College deliver quality Christian education through evidence-based teaching practices, and the development of innovative and relevant curriculum that empowers students to live joyfully and productively in both the present and the future.
Key responsibilities include:
- Knowing the students well and teaching according to their needs.
- Planning, preparing and delivering effective teaching and learning programs which demonstrate: alignment with a Christian worldview
- alignment with the College philosophy of Student Centred Learning
- strong content knowledge,
- current educational research and practice
- high capacity for student engagement,
- consistency with the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers, relevant syllabus
- documents, and policy and procedural documents
- Assessing students in a variety of ways, giving effective feedback that leads to improvement
- Reporting on student progress and performance to students, parents, the College and other stakeholders as required
- Maintaining student records and samples of work
- Developing and utilising a wide variety of practices that ensure learning is prioritised in their classes and that all students are safe and secure and therefore able to learn effectively.
The successful applicant will be strongly aligned to the values of the College and have:
- An active relationship with Christ expressed through church involvement
- A clear and well-articulated understanding of what it means to be a Christian teacher and the role of Christian Schooling
- A commitment to keeping current with research in this field through professional development and personal learning
- Exemplary differentiation skills
- High level skills in relating to families of gifted students
- Enthusiasm and capacity for gifted education as they lead a class of gifted students
- The ability to program with excellence and flexibility to meet the needs and interests of their students
- The ability to work with classroom teachers as part of a grade or stage team
To submit your application, please complete the Teacher Application Form below and forward it, along with a brief covering letter addressing the selection criteria, to:
The Principal – Mrs Pam O’Dea
Applications will close 9am Friday 15th July 2022.
For an initial discussion or enquiries about the role please contact Deb Adams on 4960 6600 or email Debbie.Adams@spcc.nsw.edu.au.