For the Whole of Their Life.
Vocational Education and Training
Vocational education training courses offer work skills, life skills and real industry experience. If students choose to sit the Higher School Certificate examination these courses can count towards their ATAR, whilst still receiving nationally recognised qualifications.
Courses on offer are being expanded but include;
- CERTIFICATE II – HOSPITALITY – FOOD & BEVERAGE (VET) If students want to continue to a Certificate III, once completing their HSC, credit transfers from this course may be available.
- CERTIFICATE III – CHRISTIAN MINISTRY AND THEOLOGY (VET)
- CERTIFICATE III IN EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION AND CARE (VET)
- CERTIFICATE III – INFORMATION AND DIGITAL TECHNOLOGY (VET)
- CERTIFICATE III – TOURISM
- CERTIFICATE III – EDUCATION SUPPORT
These are dual-accredited courses. They count towards the HSC plus students gain credit for TAFE-related modules.
The courses are classified as ‘Category B’ by NESA. No more than two units of Category B courses can be included in the calculation of the ATAR.
Many Universities recognise the completion of a VET course at the Certificate III level or above, and this can lead to the offer of an equivalent ATAR. This recognition benefits students considering including a VET course in their HSC selection of subjects.