A leader is not someone who simply has a
badge on their jacket. At St Philip's Christian College Gosford we
believe leaders are those who want to make a difference in the lives of others
through service. "Jesus did not come to be served, but to serve" (Mark
10:45), and so our leadership philosophy is based on this understanding.
Leaders can be found in the classroom, on the sporting field and around the playground. However, there are a number of formal leadership opportunities available to our Senior School students. These include Student Representative Council, House Captains, Prefects and School Captains.
Characteristics and expectations of a leader at St Philip's Christian College Gosford:
- To always set a fine example of Christian living to fellow students;
- To actively promote school pride and participation in school activities within the student body;
- To display honesty, integrity and humility in all that they do;
- To represent the student body at certain functions;
- To support teachers with playground, bus and canteen duty, Pastoral Care Class etc;
- Assist in running of Chapel Services, College Assemblies and other College gatherings;
- Meet with Head of Senior School on regular occasions to discuss matters pertaining to their role in the College;
- Be prepared to act as ambassadors for the College in all facets of leadership, Pastoral Care, service, encouragement and participation.
All Year 12 students share with the Prefects a responsibility to maintain high standards of conduct and a strong community spirit in the College. The general atmosphere of the College depends on the example of leadership given by the Senior Students.