For the Whole of Their Life.
St Philip's After School Academy Coordinator (SPCC Cessnock)
The St Philip's After School Academy is seeking a motivated and enthusiastic person, passionate about pioneering a new beyond-school initiative for the role of ASA Coordinator Cessnock.
The Coordinator is responsible for managing all day-to-day aspects of the After School Academy operations (Cessnock) and provide leadership ensuring high quality education and care provision.
The Coordinator is responsible for:
- Educational program
- Daily ratios
- Overseeing the physical facilities
- Supervision and safety of children
- Supporting staff and managing the overall image of the Centre
- Developing relationships that support and partner with families
The Coordinator reports to the Head of the After School Academy ensuring open communication on all issues pertaining to the 7 Quality Areas. The Coordinator has responsibility for all educators engaged in the program and is expected to lead with integrity, transparency, and professionalism at all times.
Position Selection Criteria
- Desirable to hold an ACECQA approved Diploma level qualification
- Desirable to hold a National Police Check (state/territory relevant)
- Working with Children’s Check
- Thorough and in-depth knowledge of the: National Quality Standards | Education and Care Services National Regulations | Education and Care Services National Law | Approved Learning Framework
- Experience in a management position and evidence of having provided inspirational and decisive leadership
- Knowledge of Workplace Health and Safety
- Demonstration of initiative and innovation
- Ability to self-manage and meet timelines
- Highly developed written and verbal communication/presentation skills
- Highly developed communication, interpersonal development skills
- Ability to lead the team in pedagogical matters including curriculum planning and professional development
- Ability to develop, implement and evaluate policies and procedures
- Computer literacy (MS Office Suite, CCSS systems, Qikkids or similar)
For more information see the full Role Description below.
To apply please send a completed Non-Teacher Application for Employment Form (below), Cover Letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close: 28th November, 2022