Year 9 Dance
In the Year 9 dance course, students will learn a range of different dance styles over the year including jazz, hip, hop and contemporary. They will study famous choreographers and also have a chance to develop their own choreography skills. Practical lessons will see students participate in a warm up, centre work, corner work, learn different combinations and then cool down and stretch.
This subject is designed for people who:
- Want to have a go
- Like to move and exercise
- Love music
- Are creative and like to perform
- Want to learn new skills or hobbies
- Enjoy problem-solving and group work
- Dance outside of school
- Are interested in selecting Dance in Stage 6
- Are considering pursuing a career in the performing arts and/or digital media
What Stage 6 courses is this subject helpful for?
This subject is not a prerequisite for any Stage 6 subjects.
However, the content covered will provide an excellent springboard for the following Stage 6 subjects:
- TAS — Multimedia
- Visual Arts