This course is targeted to those who have big questions about this world and want to go deeper with Science than the Stage 5 Science Course allows.
Enjoy a course that will have the topics tailor made to your class and your interests. In semester 1 you will cover Chemistry topics and in semester 2 Physics topics.
The course will include theory and lots of experiments.
Students will complete a project of their own choice in both Semester 1 and 2. One of these projects can also relate to Biology.
This course will be challenging but rewarding to those who have an interest and passion for Science.
Why Would I Pick This Subject?
This subject is designed for people who:
- Have an interest in Science and enjoy learning about Science.
- Want to go deeper in understanding certain concepts.
- Have an appreciation of the contribution of science to finding solutions to everyday life issues.
- Want to become more proficient in skills required in Science subjects in Year 11 and 12.
- Wish to pursue a career in Science.
- Displayed proficiency in the Stage 4 Science course.
What Stage 6 Courses Is This Subject Helpful For?
This subject is not a pre-requisite for any Stage 6 subjects. However, some of the content is relevant to the following Stage 6 subjects:
- Investigating Science