This subject is designed to extend and enrich your experience of senior English. In this elective, you will broaden your understanding and mastery of the concepts and skills underpinning the study of English.
You will have more choice, creativity and independence over your learning. This will be achieved through your engagement with a range of mini-units, which may include:
- Personal Interest Project
- The Book vs The Film
- Classics and the Canon
- Fractured Fairytales
- Comedy and Satire
- Castaways and Survival
- Travel Writing and Blogging
- Sport and the Media
- Young Adult Literature
Why Would I Pick This Subject?
This subject is designed for people who:
- Want more choice and freedom in English
- Love reading
- Wish to strengthen their skills in writing both creatively and analytically
- Enjoy discussion and thinking deeply about the 'why' and 'how'
- Are interested in selecting Advanced English in Stage 6
- Are considering pursuing a career in the arts and/or media, journalism and communications
A suggested prerequisite for taking this subject is to either have achieved the following:
- A minimum B grade in Year 8 English
- Achieving at 75% or higher for Year 9 English
What Stage 6 Courses Is This Subject Helpful For?
This subject is not a prerequisite for any Stage 6 subjects.
However, the content covered will provide an excellent springboard for the following Stage 6 subjects:
- Advanced English
- English Extension 1
- English Extension 2