D.A.L.E. Christian School
What is D.A.L.E?
D.A.L.E. is a Dynamic Alternative Learning Environment for students in Years 5 – 10 who have an Autism Spectrum Disorder, social and emotional difficulties or a mild intellectual disability.
D.A.L.E. Christian School aims to:
- Provide a program that will enable students to continue their education in an environment that is both flexible and supportive of their particular needs. The School aims to maximise their employment and educational opportunities and enhance their life skills within Christian community.
- Support students in all areas of their lives, enabling them to discover their God purpose through pursuit of their educational and employment aspirations.
Changing lives by inspiring young people.
To create a DYNAMIC ALTERNATIVE LEARNING ENVIRONMENT where students love coming to school.
They love it because they:
- Experience God’s unsurpassable love daily
- Experience success in their learning
- Feel valued and appreciated for who they are.
Overview – All DALE Campuses:
The DA.L.E Christian School is recognised by the Department of Education as a Special School. It was established in 1997 to meet the needs of Year 7 to 10 students with emotional / behavioural problems and also catered for students with a mild intellectual disability. In 2012, D.A.L.E. extended its curriculum to include Stage 3 (Year 5 & 6).
The school offers students the opportunity to gain their RoSA. The educational program is based on individual needs and focuses on building on the strengths and talents of each student. On entry into the program the student will be assessed by staff to ascertain their ability level. An Individual Plan involving the input of the student, parent(s) / caregiver(s), agency representatives and staff is developed and regularly reviewed for each student.
The DA.L.E Christian School is a ‘small school’ environment and has high staff to student ratio which gives many young people, who feel lost in a mainstream environment, a sense of security and belonging.